6 Ways to support our healthcare professionals
More then ever we need to stand behind our healthcare professionals as they sacrifice so much for our country! Learn about 6 ways we can help them during Covid-19!
1. Share a social-media shout out to nurses.
Knowing you appreciate their dedication and care enough to thank them will give you the strength to face another change in your life to an exhausted nurse.
2. Donate what supplies are available.
Such as gloves, surgical masks, or hand sanitizer — please call your local healthcare facilities to see if they could use a donation. If not, ask what you can donate instead.
4. Call a local unit to arrange for a take-out delivery.
Be mindful and first reach out directly with a unit manager to arrange this, as COVID-19 can live on surfaces! Some hospitals may not allow outside deliveries but directly from restaurants! Be sure to ask before you do anything!
5. Donate on GoFundMe. GoFundMe is teeming with people who need financial assistance in the wake of COVID-19. Check out:
- This page dedicated entirely to COVID-19 causes.
- Search and donate to individual causes, such as this nurse who is out of work while being quarantined for COVID-19.